Export Agent - Houston, TX
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare, and Banking industries.
About this Position:
Albion is seeking for a Export Agent that routes outbound ocean freight shipments to their destinations by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Plans and directs flow of air traffic moving to overseas destinations.
- Opens files on the dedicated software system for each shipment.
- Ships freight, prepares documentation and waybilling, assesses charges, and collects fees for shipments.
- Negotiates with domestic customers, as intermediary for foreign customers, to resolve problems and arrive at mutual agreements.
- Examines invoices and shipping manifests for conformity to tariff and customs regulations. Prepares reports of transactions to facilitate billing of shippers and foreign customers.
- Examines documents such as invoices, bills of lading, and shipping statements, to verify conversion of merchandise weights or volumes into system used by other country.
- Converts foreign currency figures into United States monetary equivalents, or domestic currency into foreign equivalents.
- Corresponds with foreign network.
- Is responsible for moving shipments on time. Files documents in an accurate manner. Organizes oneself to handle the volume of activity.
- Corrects EPO's if requested by the supervisor. Reports all serious difficulties to air export manager.
- Prepares quotations which are under the control of the immediate supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move items weighing up to 40-50 pounds and occasionally and/or move items weighing up to 75-100 pounds utilizing pallet jack. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Applicants will work in the customer's facility in Houston, TX zip code 77032
Albion uses E-Vertify to verify employment eligibility.
Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.
A clean background needed for employment in Freight Forwarding company
Pay: from $36,000/year
Job Status: Full Time