Environmental Tech | Homestead, FL
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare and Banking industries.
About this opportunity:
Albion Staffing Solutions has a client looking for an Environmental Tech, to join their team! Perform cleaning of public areas, patient rooms, surgical suites, ancillary, administrative offices, and physician areas to ensure a clean, safe and attractive environment for staff, patients, physicians and visitors. This position is exposed to hazardous materials and a variety of infectious diseases. Experience in a healthcare or hospital setting preferred. Basic computer skills preferred. Has the ability to communicate effectively in English language. Good interpersonal skills. Ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment with continuous exposure to cleaning agents and dust.
Essential Job Functions:
- Routinely clean patient rooms, ancillary areas, general areas, administrative offices and physician areas. Clean all discharged rooms and surgical suites in accordance with departmental procedures and standards.
- collect, handle, transport and dispose of trash, including sharps, biomedical, hazardous and pharmaceutical waste according to regulatory requirements.
- Consistently demonstrate appropriate use of computerized bed tracking system, phone and/or beeper to receive, show progress/ completion of work assignment per department standards. (i.e., log in/out for shift, breaks and lunches)
- Follow all infection control practices including hand washing techniques, standard precautions and isolation precautions.
- Consistently use appropriate chemicals and supplies according to manufacturer's specifications. Stock environmental cart with proper supplies and equipment as required at the beginning and end of shift.
- Perform and document all assigned tasks in a timely and professional manner that reflect the highest integrity of the environmental services department.
- Develop and maintain an appropriate and effective working relationship with staff and physicians to ensure a clean, safe and attractive environment for patients and visitors.
- Appropriate clean and store medical and non-medical equipment according to department standards.
- Consistently inspect and report equipment defects such as TV remotes, telephones, furniture, shower curtains, lights, beds, etc
- Consistently maintain departments average response, clean and turn around time
- Other duties as assigned.
Marginal Job Functions:
- Report safety hazards and unsafe conditions to supervisor immediately.
- Maintain appropriate par levels of all department supplies/linens according to guidelines.
- Consistently perform collection and distribution of linen to all required areas according to department standards.
- Responsible for removal of soiled linen in all areas of the hospital.
- Appropriately operate ad maintain equipment utilized within department
- Attend all meeting and participate in performance improvement activities (i.e., staff meetings, educational requirements, etc.)
- Report to work in proper uniform (i.e., beeper, uniform neat and clean, wrinkle free, etc)
- Consistently, meet attendance and punctuality standards.
- Consistently demonstrate ability to work independently with normal supervision.
Applicants will work in the customer's facility - located in the Homestead, FL area.
- Albion uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility.
- Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
- Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
- Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.
Job Status: Full Time