We are seeking an Electrical Assembler to join our client's team. This is a classification performing skilled, installation and assembly of electronic and electro-mechanical systems and components found in transit light and heavy rail vehicles. Incumbents work independently according to accepted standards of the trade, supervisory direction, Company established procedures, practices, and specifications. This class of electricians work is specifically install, and assemble electro-mechanical and electronic systems and other miscellaneous electrical components found on transit revenue vehicles.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Following a pre-established schedule for assembly and installation of electronic and related electro-mechanical systems found on transit vehicles. Including those associated with propulsion, train control, pneumatic supply and brake control, air conditioning, annunciation, communications, door control, lighting, and auxiliary electrical supply.
- Performs modifications to rail vehicle electronic and electro-mechanical systems, as directed by engineering and supervisory staff.
- Works with engineering and other production staff regarding modifications.
- Uses diagnostic test equipment and precision measuring devices in the course of the work; may fabricate new testing equipment as required for use on new components and systems.
- Performs secondary dismantling and repair of electronic and electro-mechanical systems.
- Works closely with transit vehicle mechanics in performing primary repairs.
- Reads and interprets diagrams, engineering drawings, manuals, schematics and work orders.
- Documents work performed and parts and materials used; follows specified safety procedures.
Basic operating principles of analog and digital electronics, electrical and electronic circuitry, and associated mechanical mechanisms, methods, equipment and materials used in the primary maintenance and repair of a variety of electronic and electro-mechanical systems, components and equipment. Use and care of power and hand tools of the trade. Shop arithmetic as required for the trade. Safety practices pertaining to the work.
- Performing installation and assembly of electronic systems and components.
- Reading and interpreting engineering drawings, diagrams, manuals and work orders.
- Using and maintaining hand and power tools and equipment of the trade.
- Understanding and following oral and written directions.
- Maintaining accurate records of work performed and materials used.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work.
- 2+ yrs experience, desired in light rail or transportation environment.
- Experience in low and high voltage (VDC), medium voltage (VAC) and relay logic.
- Experience in the use of test related equipment i.e., digital multi meters, pneumatic gauges, current probes etc….
- Must own and maintain a basic hand tool set.
- Experience in precision measuring equipment i.e., caliper, micrometer, pie tape, etc….
- Experience in electrical crimp and mechanical torque techniques.
- Must have experience working within and maintaining a safe work environment.
- Experience with working in diverse and busy team environments.
- Must speak, read and write English.
- High School graduate with.
- College/Technical trade education AA degree in electronics or related field is preferred.
- Ability to read drawings, blueprints and diagrams.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize and work well under pressure and against deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in a team environment.
- Must be able to read and understand work orders.
- Must be able to read and perform procedures.
- Must be able to diagnose and make various electrical & mechanical adjustments using provided procedures.
- Attention to quality control and customer service.
- Ability to lift up to 70 lbs.
- Ability to work in confined spaces.
Job Status: Full Time