Domestic Transportation Coordinator/ Dispatching
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare and Banking industries.
About this Position:
Albion is seeking a Domestic Transportation Coordinator/ Dispatching for a freight forwarding company.
- Work directly with customers on preparing shipment quotes, tracking freight, entering shipments, and solving problems
- Update revenue and expenses on shipments that are quoted to customer
- Work with current vendors on quoting, booking, and tracking shipments
- Invoice clients once shipment has been completed and all costs have been
- Responsible for the timely pickup and delivery of all customer orders within assigned area while maintaining customer expectations.
- Direct and schedule drivers' work. Notify drivers of work assignments to ensure on-time movement of goods to maximize operational efficiency.
- Identify and resolve daily service and scheduling issues.
- Maintain timely and professional communication with customer contacts on issues impacting service and overall performance.
- Effectively communicate with customer on a regular and timely basis regarding issues impacting the customer and/or their service expectations.
- Prepare and process data and paperwork including but not limited to activity reports/trip documents, driver hours of service, fuel tickets and other required items.
- Monitor and promote safety in all areas of dispatch.
Required Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent work experience.
- 1-2 years of Transportation, dispatching, terminal assistant, customer service or other related experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of DOT rules and regulations required.
- Strong working knowledge of technology within dispatch systems and Microsoft Office.
Applicants will work in the Medley, FL area
- Albion uses E-Vertify to verify employment eligibility.
- Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
- Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
- Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.
Pay: from $17/hour
Job Status: Full Time