Customs Entry Writer I Miami, FL
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare and Banking industries.
About this Position:
Albion's Logistics Division is looking for a Customs Entry Writer to work at a company located in the Miami, FL area. Receives inbound freight shipments from points of origin by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Receives freight, documentation and waybilling; assesses charges; and collects fees for shipments. Opens a file on the dedicated software system for each shipment received.
- Responds to inquiries by fax, e-mail or telephone.
- Negotiates with domestic customers, as intermediary for foreign customers, to resolve problems and arrive at mutual agreements.
- Examines invoices and shipping manifests for conformity to tariff and customs regulations. Prepares manifests to accompany shipments.
- Notifies consignees of delays in departure of shipment. Provides POD's to shippers if requested.
- Examines documents such as invoices, bills of lading, and shipping statements, to verify conversion of merchandise weights or volumes into system used by other country.
- Converts foreign currency figures into United States monetary equivalents, or domestic currency into foreign equivalents. Calculates duties or tariffs to be paid on merchandise.
- Corresponds with foreign companies.
- Prepares entry papers from shipper's invoice in accordance with U.S. Customs Service regulations, and regulations of other federal agencies bearing on importation of goods such as Environmental Protection Agency and Food And Drug Administration.
- Corrects EPO's as requested by supervisor.
- Files papers with Customs Service and arranges for payment of duties. Quotes duty rates on goods to be imported.
- Contacts customs officials to effect release of incoming freight and resolve customs delays.
- Itemizes charges, prepares freight bills, accepts payments and issues refunds.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
3-5 Years experience
Applicants will work in the customer's facility located at Miami, FL
- Albion uses E-Vertify to verify employment eligibility.
- Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
- Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
- Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.
Pay: from $40,000/year
Job Status: Full Time