Customs Automation Manager
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare and Banking industries.
About this Position:
Albion Staffing Solutions is in need of a Customs Automation Manager.
Responsabilities (The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all expectations):
Responsible for managing and troubleshooting import product based as well as U.S. Customs systems (ABI & AMS) that permit the company to interface directly with U.S. Customs to effect timely import, clearance and movement of import freight in full compliance with U.S. Customs regulations. Accountable for providing field training, support, pilot program participation with U.S. Customs, sales presentations of system capabilities, and customer support.
- Serve as liaison between IT and branch users for all system-related issues, and assist IT in the management of 3rd party software vendor relationship and ongoing maintenance and support of import systems.
- Direct IT priorities and resources according to corporate requirements.
- Develop and manage all system requirements documentation, user system-acceptance testing and final sign off for production.
- Troubleshoot import systems, identify problems and elevate with IT or field management as necessary. • Automate and maintain customer requirements, specialized reports, client databases, and other data management functions
- Evaluate, recommend and manage implementation of new system enhancements, new products, and production fixes. • Serve as technical import systems “expert” to provide field/IT training and support on imports systems, including updating user training manuals as necessary.
- Provide sales support and manage new customer system implementations
- The individual in this position must be capable of performing all of the essential functions with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Working Environment: Assignment Complexity
- Work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Exercise judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Act as an advisor to subordinates or peers to meet schedules and/or resolve technical problems.
- Develop and administer budgets, schedules, and performance requirements.
- Manage through subordinates or professional peers the coordination of the activities for functional area with responsibility for results in terms of costs, methods, and employees.
- May not have subordinates.
Impact of Decisions:
- Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve goals results in additional costs and personnel, and serious delays in overall schedules.
Frequently interact with subordinates, customers and/or functional peer managers. May interact with senior management. Interactions normally involve matters between functional areas, other company divisions or units, or customers.
- Receive assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet objectives.
- Provide guidance to subordinates to achieve goals in accordance with established policies. Work is reviewed and measured based on meeting objectives and schedules.
- Establishes and recommends changes to policies within functional area.
Knowledge and Skills (The following minimum requirements are normal guidelines and should not constrain the advancement of otherwise qualified personnel):
This is a management position. Exceptional interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required.
- Requires advanced technical knowledge of Customs CATAIR and ABI/AMS systems.
- Requires a minimum of 7 years related experience, generally prefer 2 – 4 years of related supervisory or management experience.
- Customs brokerage license preferred.
Applicants will work in the customer's facilities in Los Angeles, CA.
- Albion uses E-Vertify to verify employment eligibility.
- Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
- Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
- A clean background needed for employment in Freight Forwarding locations as TSA/STA Certification will be needed.
- Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.
Applying for this position:
Please apply via the Link displayed or directly into Albion's Talent Community at: https://jobs.albionstaffing.com/jobs
Pay: $70,000 to $100,000/year
Job Status: Full Time