We are seeking a Credit Analyst to join our client's team! The Credit Analyst will provide the bank with a sound, independent and objective assessment and recommendation associated with large, complicated structured credit proposals for corporations, real estate and retail enterprises, as well as supervise, motivate and train a team of analysts as designated by the Credit Analysis Manager.
- Spread financial statements and prepare comprehensive financial analysis on the creditworthiness of the borrower.
- Accurately measure the financial condition and operating performance of commercial & corporate domestic enterprises within the small business and middle market areas.
- Provide an independent and objective assessment of risk factors associated with the aforementioned commercial, corporate and asset-based facilities, owner-occupied real estate loans, while adhering to the Bank’s credit policy & procedures, and make recommendations on loan structure along with meaningful loan covenants to adequately cover the risk involved in the proposed facilities.
- Interact with Loan Officers in order to enhance the quality of information required for underwriting purposes.
- Must collaborate with business units in providing credit risk assessments.
- BA in Finance/Accounting/Business Administration/Economics.
- 5 years experience in banking in the areas of lending or credit.
Credit analysis experience of at least 4 years, including credit risk evaluation of real estate and corporate/institutional facilities.
- Ability to work independently and produce high quality financial analyses, including credit risk evaluation and loan structuring.
- Working knowledge of financial statement spreading software.
- Detailed oriented, superior math skills, good analytical and writing skills a must.
- Ability to work as a team leader and as an independent senior analyst
- Advanced knowledge of Windows, Word and Excel.
Preferably bilingual, English-Spanish.
Job Status: Full Time