Controller Supervisor | Fort Myers, FL
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare and Banking industries.
* Inquire about our Incentive and Employee Referral Bonuses Plan * We are the highest paying Staffing Company in South Florida.
About this opportunity:
Albion Staffing Solutions is looking for a Controller Supervisor to work at a leading home services company located in the Fort Myers, FL area. This individual will be a critical leader and manager, participating in building a highly scalable, best-in- class accounting organization as a key partner with the senior leadership team at the Company. He / she will help drive the ethos for how the financial and accounting operations and organization runs. The Controller & Accounting Team Lead must have superior organization and communication skills, while maintaining strong attention to detail in a fast-paced environment. This individual will help manage all accounting functions, such as accounts payable, accounts receivable, inventory, fixed assets, payroll, month end close and also have ownership of the implementation of groupwide and GAAP accounting policies. This position will also lead the year-end audit process for the Company. This opportunity offers high visibility in a rapidly growing company and the successful candidate must show great initiative and work with limited supervision.
- Oversee and manage all aspects of the accounting team
- Ensure financial reporting is highly automated, 98% accurate in accordance with GAAP, and audit ready
- Ensure cash is managed appropriately with the proper internal controls
- Implement and oversee robust monthly, quarterly, and year-end close processes
- Ensure there are proper reconciliations and analyzes of general ledger accounts
- Oversee monthly consolidation schedules, journal entries, and reconciliations
- Lead the integration of acquisitions into our accounting and financial systems
- Implement, document, and monitor internal controls
- Coordinate with the external auditors to ensure successful engagement; provide all requested schedules, information and support as needed to support audit and tax preparation
- Assist as needed with comprehensive annual budget planning
- Support team with key strategic and process improvement initiatives
- Prepare presentations as necessary summarizing key findings of analyses and projects
- Lead a broad range of ad-hoc projects focused on improving reporting quality
- Contribute to team culture and effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Qualifications & Experience:
- 3+ years of prior accounting experience, public accounting strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, master’s degree a plus
- Active CPA license preferred; strong understanding of U.S. GAAP accounting required
- Strong accounting experience and demonstrated ability to lead / drive processes
- Experience leading, organizing and developing a team
- Experience with Sage Intacct and accounting ERP implementations a plus
- Strong ability to communicate accounting and financial information into common language
- Experience preparing financial statements, footnote support, etc.
- Extreme formatting, organization and priority setting skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, attention to detail and leadership ability
- Interest in joining a well-capitalized entrepreneurial team
- Positive attitude, team player
- Highly motivated, comfortable working independently
- High energy, ownership of work product and dedication to driving results
Other Benefits: medical, dental and vision coverage, competitive PTO, sick days, and holidays, 401k matching
Applicants will work in the customer's facility - located in Fort Myers, FL
- Strict Covid-19 Protocols applicable.
- Albion uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility.
- Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
- Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
- Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.
Pay: from $125,000/year
Job Status: Full Time