Controller/Bookkeeping Supervisor | New Jersey
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare and Banking industries.
About this Position:
Albion Staffing Solutions is in need of a Controller/Bookkeeping Supervisor to work at the New Jersey area. Our client is a Freight forwarding company that is seeking for a full-time accountant to be responsible for full range of accounting.
- Manages and oversees all the bookkeeping staff
- Is responsible for the practices and procedures to ensure timely and accurate records and reports
- Recording financial transactions )checks written and received)
- Reconciling bank statements
- Managing A/P and A/R (including related party transactions and collection)
- Assist with quarterly and yearly budget presentation
- Perform month end close and prepare balance sheet schedules
- Preparing trial balance; journal entries; reconciling entries
- Prepare financial statements and reports, including the P&L statement and Balance Sheet
- Review and reconciliation of quarterly GST report/submission of GST returns
- Liaising with external auditor and tax accountants for year-end audit
- Maintain records by filing documents
Qualifications and Skills:
- Degree is Accounting
- 3-5 years of accounting experience with strong background in handling full set of accounts
- High level knowledge basic accounting principles
- Must be a “hands on” supervisor
- Must have experience in Freight Forwarding accounting (agency reconciliations and understanding of the business)
- Proficient in MS Office and Excel
Applicants will work in the customer's facility in New Jersey (Hasbrouck Heights- 07604)
Albion uses E-Vertify to verify employment eligibility.
Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.
Applying for this position:
Please apply via the Link displayed or directly into Albion's Talent Community at: https://jobs.albionstaffing.com/jobs
Job Status: Full Time