Consumer Access Operator I Remote
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare and Banking industries.
About this Position:
Albion Staffing is currently looking for a Consumer Access Operator to work remotely. The Consumer Access Operator will operate multiple-position telephone switchboard to relay incoming, outgoing, and interoffice calls. Will perform miscellaneous hospital Telecommunications and clerical duties as needed. Monitors all hospital alarms, performs code paging, and provides patient information. Consistently delivers exceptional service to all callers. Must have a minimum of one year customer service experience and basic computer knowledge. Associate of Arts desired. Good command of written and verbal communication. Ability to work well under pressure.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responds to internal requests to contact on-call personnel following specific procedures and medical department guidelines. Documents changes regarding on-call schedule in order to keep all employees/shifts informed and updated.
- Pages Doctors, Emergency situations, e.g. Code blue, fire or disaster drills, and authorized /non-emergency announcement over intercom and pager system. Ability to handle a variety of complex situations arising at the same time. Works well under high pressure situations.
- Knows and follows all alarm and code procedures documented by the Consumer Access Communication Service department, including emergency alarms monitored by Engineering as per guidelines.
- Answers all patient and Physician information calls by referencing information in the Medical system. If Medical is down, the operator (s) will resort to documented down-time procedures.
- Duties include cross-training and traveling to other facilities to cover different operator shifts as needed. Attempts to provide first contact resolution (FCR) to help minimize the need to transfer calls to other departments.
- Escalates major system network, phone, or Consumer Access Operator application(s) outage or any other type of emergency to the Supervisor or lead on-call after hours as needed.
- Receives disaster information and follows established procedures for notification of required personnel. Knows how to handle the Motorola XPR Radios, used in case of telephone or power outage
- Follows all BHSF and Consumer Access Communication Services policies and procedures.
- Handles Bi-lingual and language assistance line requests in accordance with BHSF Policies.
- Adheres to BHSF Employee Conduct Policy by interacting effectively, courteously, and professionally while assisting patients and employees needing assistance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Identify areas of cost savings and process improvement within department.
- Actively participates with other staff members in projects and tasks that contribute to the benefit and productivity of the department.
- Receives disaster information and follows established procedures for notification of personnel. Uses the designated BHSF application to notify personnel in the event of a disaster.
- Monitors and notifies Security in the event that the panic alarm system is activated in the Patient Experience offices.
- Ability to lock down all doors, with a specific device, Hospital sites at the request of the Security Department or Administration when certain codes are activated, i.e.Code black (bomb threat, Code Stork (infant abduction), Code Adam (child abduction) and Code Silver (active shooter).
- Monitors Isensix Advance Remote Monitor System (ARMS) for humidity and room temperature for the Operating Room, freezer refrigerators for Chemistry and the Laboratory as well as the Pharmacy freezer.
Applicants will work remote
* Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing may be applicable.
* Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided
Pay: from $13/hour
Job Status: Full Time