Licensed Laboratory Technician I Tamarac, FL
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare and Banking industries.
About this opportunity:
Albion' Healthcare Division has clients in need of a Clinical Lab Technician for a Oncology practice located in the Tamarac, FL area. MUST HAVE THE STATE OF FLORIDA LABORATORY TECHNICIAN LICENSE. Please do NOT apply if you do not have the State of Florida Laboratory Technician.
Adherence to all Laboratory procedures and protocols for specimen collection, handling and processing, patient preparation, labeling, handling, preservation or fixation, transportation and storage of specimens, preparation and storage of reagents, loading of specimen tubes into racks and initiating the starting of the testing instrument. May assist in maintaining patient records and patient test results with strict adherence to our Quality Assurance standards.
- Laboratory Technician must be under direct and constant supervision of licensed personnel in all testing areas (pre-analytical, analytical, post-analytical).
- Primary responsibilities include assisting CLS's with a variety of functions associated with technical procedures. Basic clinical functions may include specimen processing, specimen storage and retrieval, preparing patient worksheets, pipetting from set volume and/or automated pipetted dispensers, downloading computer files for CLS analysis, and the operation of robotic systems used for aliquoting and dispensing of reagents and specimens.
- Preparation of reagents according to approved SOP's, if assigned. Safely discard expired reagents and hazardous waste according to approved SOP's.
- Assist with preventive maintenance in assigned area.
- Assist in testing troubleshooting for an assigned area.
- Assist with maintaining inventory supply levels.
- Assist with other duties
- High school diploma required.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in related science field preferred
- Minimum 2 years clinical laboratory experience preferred.
- State of Florida Certification/License
Applicants will work in the customer's facility - located in Tamarac, FL
- Albion uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility.
- Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
- Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
- Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.
Pay: from $18/hour
Job Status: Full Time