CL Account Manager
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare and Banking industries.
About this Position:
Albion is seeking a CL Account Manager.
The Account Manager is responsible for providing sales support at the direction of the Senior Account Executive or Account Executive. The Account Manager provides customer service by handling the day to day operations of clients' insurance needs. The Account Manager works will work with the Producer, Senior Account Executive, and Account Executive to design proper insurance and risk management services for clients.
- Develops complete client information and applications for new and renewal business under the direction of the Producer, Senior Account Executive, or Account Executive.
- Identifies and requests renewal exposures.
- Guides clients through the renewal process, in conjunction with the Producer, Senior Account Executive, or Account Executive, and submits requests to carriers according to the renewal process timetable, follows up with carrier underwriters and completes the appropriate renewal per Agency procedures.
- Reviews experience modifiers.
- Processes change requests/endorsements, binders, certificates, account summaries, proposals, policies, lost policy releases, audit, and account balance status when requested.
- Ensures that these items are given to client in a timely manner.
- Initiates appropriate correspondence with carriers and clients.
- Responds to requests from clients and insurance companies.
- Maintains files with proper records according to company procedures.
- Maintains good internal file audit results.
- Assists in the development of strong business relationships with appropriate insurance carrier personnel.
- Recognizes and satisfies carrier goals and objectives in order to enhance business relationships.
- Follows company procedures with respect to all essential duties and responsibilities of the job.
- Ensures accuracy of account information for both new and renewal policies, endorsements, and audits for accuracy in rating, coverage, signatures, and enters these transactions to generate billing invoices in a timely manner
- Reviews all premium audits according to Agency procedures recognizing that the Agency must process in a timely manner.
- Determines reasons for requests for cancellation and follows cancellation procedures accordingly.
- Refers current and prospective clients to other Agency departments for solicitation of other lines of business.
- Participates in required continuing professional development.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Design - Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Project Management - Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings. Communicates effectively with Producer, Account Executive, clients and carriers.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed. Monitors workflow within team.
- Visionary Leadership - Displays passion and optimism.
- Change Management - Prepares and supports those affected by change.
- Delegation - Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities.
- Leadership - Accepts feedback from others.
- Managing People - Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services..
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
- Diversity - Promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values.
- Strategic Thinking - Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Completes work in timely manner; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Post secondary degree preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of agency management system and Microsoft suite of products including Outlook
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
All applicable insurance licenses.
Other Skills and Abilities
Full knowledge of insurance markets.
Completion of company training program for Account Managers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is that of a typical office. The work environment is often fast-paced, involves multi-tasking, and may have frequent interruptions.
Applicants will work in Miami, FL
* Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing may be applicable.
* Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided
Pay: $50,000 to $75,000/year
Job Status: Full Time