The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) drives key strategic initiatives for a facility or multiple facilities, providing over-sight of all Financial Operations and operational performance.
- Administer the general accounting, patient business services, including third party reimbursement, financial, and statistical reporting functions of the surgical center in accordance with established policies and accounting procedures.
- Provide formal or informal direction in data processing, distributed systems, material management and medical records functions.
- Train subordinates on the above areas and monitor performance to ensure fiscal responsibilities are fulfilled.
- Assist the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) in the development of long and short-range hospital operations plans that may include service demand analyses, resources availability analyses and cost benefit analyses of proposed capital and staff expansions.
- Develop long and short-range operational and capital budgets, which are supported by the hospitals long and short-range plans and objectives.
- Prepare cash flow analyses and budget variance analyses and make recommendations on budget modifications as required.
- Assist managers in the development of departmental budgets and the budget process.
- Monitor, interpret, and analyze hospital financial performance in realizing established plans and objectives of the hospital.
- Identify and report undesirable trends and potential business opportunities and make recommendations for action.
- Direct the preparation of internal financial reports including work papers for annual financial audit.SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the work of others, including planning, assigning, scheduling and reviewing work, ensures quality standards. Responsible for hiring, terminating, training and developing, reviewing performance and administering cor-rective action for staff.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance; Master’s Degree Preferred.
Minimum 15 years’ experience with 3 years of experience working at the CFO level in an acute-care hospital is required.
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Certifications.
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) License.
Job Status: Full Time