SUMMARY OF POSITION
Grow revenue at the branch location by sales generation, customer retention, and leading and developing staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Business Development, including: calling on current accounts, growing current business, developing new business, preparing sales presentations and responses to RFQ’s, cross-selling related accounts, following up on leads provided by Inside Sales staff, targeting certain market segments, promoting fostering industry relationships.
- Personnel Management, including: leading, hiring, training, discipline, recognition, discharge, performance evaluation and performance management.
- Customer Service, including: setting and enforcing standards for staff’s communication responsiveness, courtesy, accuracy and timeliness to ensure a positive customer experience.
- Credit Management: responsible for managing business flow while adhering to company policies governing credit status of customers and supporting the collections process as needed.
- Vendor Management: source, select, negotiate and ensure proper documents are provided to set up vendor, ensure appropriate insurance is in place, etc.
- Office Management: deal with landlord, space planning, supplies, furnishings, hardware and printers, outside services, etc.
- Administrative: participates in management meetings, adopts new procedures, suggests improvements for sales and service functions, manages change for the Branch.
- Administrative Policies and Procedures: conforms to company standards for Human Resources and Accounting policies and practices, ensures policies are communicated to staff and are reinforced as needed.
- Operations Policies and Procedures: Utilizes best-practices as defined by senior management. Suggests improvements to those practices.
- Exercises discretion and independent judgment on a regular basis
- Performs other responsibilities and completes tasks and special projects as directed by management.
- 4-7 years of management experience in freight forwarding and/or customs brokerage business
- Freight forwarding and/or customs brokerage sales experience required
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience highly preferred
- Customs Brokerage License preferred not required.
- A strong customer service orientation
- Ability to convert customer problems into wins (make customer appreciative of our efforts)
- Ability to train and instruct others on how to perform tasks
- Ability and experience in proactively developing and managing staff, facilitating and fostering good working relationships internally, and prioritizing and directing work flow as needed
- Willing and able to step in to assist operations if circumstances so require
- Comfortable using metrics to manage profitability, coach staff and drive improvements
- Collaborative with management and other Branch Managers
- Ability to manage multiple priorities under time and financial constraints
- Polished communication skills, influential and persuasive
- Well-regarded in the local industry community
Communication: very good written and verbal English and Spanish communication skills and able to communicate effectively in a diverse multicultural environment.
Computers/Software: Strong proficiency in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint. CargoWise a plus.
Job Status: Full Time