Bookkeeping Unit Supervisor | Blue Lagoon, FL
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare and Banking industries.
About this opportunity:
Albion's Banking Division has an opening for a Bookkeeping Unit Supervisor for a bank located in the Blue Lagoon, FL area. Responsible for all Bookkeeping/Deposit Operations requirements including formulating the proper procedures and guidelines to ensure that Bank compliance and regulations are followed
- Support branches with operational issues, including research and investigation.
- Organize and train staff in the bookkeeping department in order to perform all bookkeeping functions up to NSF/UNC daily report - Large Item review - Non-posted items – ACH Adjustment – Reclamation – Charge Backs –Outgoing Returns – Forgeries.
- Ensure daily reconciliation of EIM, DDA, SAV, COD and SDB is completed by staff.
- Supervise and support the daily ACH process up to and including
- SEC Code
- Notice of Change
- Notice of Reclamation
- Notice of Death
- Rate of Return
- Return Items
- Corporate Origination
- Prepare Quarterly report to PR
- Stop Payments
- ACH origination
- Implement and/or assist in the implementation of internal controls
- Supervise the IRA desk with record keeping, balancing and to ascertain accuracy
- Support branches with IRA questions
- Research the IRS annual request for incorrect or missing TIN
- Performs and support research and investigation related to fraud and forgeries
- Supervise and process as necessary all Reg. E claims for proper handling
- Monitor Compliance with Reg. D
- Supervise the monitoring of the following items:
- Return mail
- Dormant Accounts
- Supervise the preparation of monthly IOTA reports.
- Supervise the Opt-Out, Do not call (TCPA) and FATCA process
- Supervise End of Year 1099 Corrections
- Supervise daily and monthly General Ledger Balancing and reconciliation process
- Review KPI for the department
- Prepare Identity Theft monthly report
- Prepare ACH report for Quarterly presentation.
- Create and maintain procedures as needed in the department
- Supervise the daily accounting and journal entry activities for the function
- Supervise Branch Remote Deposit Capture activities and provide support as necessary.
- Manage internal customer service and daily requests from branches and other deposits and electronic services related units.
- Additional responsibilities as well as special projects according to departments needs
- Complete special projects/investigation or any other matter as determined by BSA Manager and/or Operations Director
Independence of Judgment:
The degree of judgment is related to data processing and/or presentation of possible recommendations and the integration and coordination of varied elements and its application to specific subjects. Also is related to the Identification and definition of new problems of moderate complexity and recommendation of action or decision on subjects of impact for the essential functions of the Bank.
This job has direct supervisory responsibilities.
Impact of Errors:
The impact of errors in this position could affect job and department activities and essential activities of administrative, operational or business nature that might have a considerable economic impact.
- The competencies detailed below are the behaviors to be exhibited by the incumbent while performing his/her duties as relates to our corporate values, culture and philosophy.
- Business Acumen: Understanding how the organization works including current and future policies practices and trends.
- Initiative and Business Perspective: Strives to know the business and promotes new initiatives to improve daily operations.
- Communication Skills: Superior verbal and written communication in both English and Spanish ability to adapt to different types of persons, convey an effective message and listen properly to align needs and ensure a proper outcome for all parties involved.
- Customer Service: Seeks to satisfy and exceed the interests, expectations and needs of the customer (internal and external) within the high standards established within the Corporation.
- Innovation: Integrates the effectiveness of the job and originate benefits to the Corporation.
- Vision and Values: Understand organization’s vision and upholds values in every day words and actions. Demonstrate the values of the Corporation: Integrity, Respect, Responsibility, Support, Innovator, Agile, Compromised with Quality, Customer Focus, and Solidarity with the Community.
- Quality: Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness and looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Strives for the best quality in offers for properties assigned.
- Collaboration and Creating and Maintaining Team Works: Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Operates cooperatively and cohesively.
- Ethics: Treats people with respect and upholds organizational values maintaining composure: tact and courtesy that could be routinely high volume and demanding.
- Multi Task: Is able to manage various requirements at the same time and able to plan ahead to ensure these are met effectively and efficiently. Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities across various functions.
- Organizational Support: Follows policies and procedures and completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
- Responsive: Seeks to address inquiries and requests on an expedited manner.
- Building strong relationships: Establishes, sustains and fosters both internal and professional contacts to build, enhance and connect to our client Services.
- Ownership: takes initiative and assumes personal accountability for goals and outcomes deadlines.
- Problem analysis and solution: Identifies problems, conducts analysis and searches for best Solutions.
- In addition the following is required:
- Medium to Advance excel skills
- Attention to details. Able to handle pressure.
- Effective human relations. Ability to accomplish the previous duties through use of the computer and general office equipment.
- Ability to generate reports in computer system.
- Good understanding of loan documentation.
- Good mathematical skills.
- Able to handle stress.
- May require work in seating position for prolonged period of time.
- Deviation of normal or customary working schedule, as over time could be required according to department needs.
- Able to bend and lift up heavy files and heavy boxes, and deal with heavy cabinets drawers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position, include close and distance vision. While performing the above duties the employee is regularly required to sit for prolonged period of time, use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk and hear.
Employees in this job work in an office environment with a comfortable room temperature, good lighting, and quiet conditions. These employees are exposed to external elements when representing the corporation at external events and may be required to work extended hours, including holidays, should these coincide with company events.
Bachelor’s Degree in accounting and business administration. At least 5 years of experience in a deposits operations role and at least 2 years of experience in supervisory role is required. Equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job might be considered.
Applicants will work in the customer's facility - located in Blue Lagoon, FL area.
- Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
- Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
- Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.
Pay: from $60,000/year
Job Status: Full Time