Bilingual Medical Assistant | Pembroke Pines, FL
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare and Banking industries.
* Inquire about our Incentive and Employee Referral Bonuses Plan * We are the highest paying Staffing Company in South Florida.
About this opportunity:
Our client a large physician group with offices in Broward and Miami are looking for two Bilingual Medical Assistants to join their team. Excellent pay and benefits but must be truly a Team Player. We are looking for someone who has worked the front and back office in a busy medical practice. Phlebotomy skills required.
The position is considered a crucial link between the patient and the care delivered by clinical and service staff of the medical office. The candidate must work collaboratively at the front desk and with all Clinical services staff in support of direct patient services, exhibiting flexibility and a “can-do” attitude. Essential duties include front desk (check-in & out duties, phone support, scheduling) and assisting the physician with examination as required, phlebotomy, and assists other staff members in providing patient care; excellent customer/patient services via phone and in-person; referring callers to the appropriate departments; making appointments for patients according to established protocols; assisting patients/clients with forms.
BILINGUAL PREFERRED - ENGLISH/SPANISH PINES AND ENGLISH/CREOLE OR ENGLISH ONLY FOR LAUDERHILL
Responsibilities and Duties
- Gives direct patient care and performs indirect patient care activities, under the direction of a physician or nurse.
- Assists physicians with examinations as required and assists other staff members in providing patient care.
- Communicates observations of patient's status.
- Organize follow-up care and instructions for patients with abnormal test results.
- Checking and Documenting Vital Signs
- Performs routine laboratory tests, injections, or treatments under the direction of the attending physician to ensure the quality of patient care.
- Assist with patient record processing and referral requests
- Assist with daily patient flow in areas as needed.
- Must be highly flexible; able to accommodate changing needs of the department.
- Proven flexibility and willingness to handle a variety of tasks.
- Willingness to work evenings and/or weekends.
- Cross Cover Front Desk Reception as needed
- Receptionist duties (check-in/out, scheduling, phone support) and other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum 2 year Medical Assistant Experience
- Phlebotomy Experience
- Understands the importance of maintaining confidentiality; able to maintain confidentiality under HIPAA standards.
- Front Desk/Check-In & Out Experience
- Maintains a "get it done" attitude
- Well developed verbal and written communication skills
- Bilingual in English and Spanish or Creole a plus!
- Proficiency in Medical Records
- EMR Experience Preferred
- Basic to intermediate computer knowledge and skills.
- Must have the ability to exercise a high degree of diplomacy and tact; excellent customer services and interpersonal communication skills;
- Cultural sensitivity and demonstrated ability to work with diverse people groups.
- Intermediate to advanced phone skills; able to effectively relate via the telephone and in-person to serve the needs of Clinic patients/clients/
Applicants will work in the customer's facility - located in Pembroke Pines, FL
- Strict Covid-19 Protocols applicable.
- Albion uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility.
- Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
- Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
- Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.
Albion Staffing Solutions, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age or disability. We assure you that your opportunity for employment depends solely on your qualifications.
Job Status: Full Time