Behavioral Health Technician | North Miami Beach, FL
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare and Banking industries.
Albion's Healthcare Division has a client seeking a Behavioral Health Technician for a company located in the North Miami Beach, FL. Residential facility in North Miami Beach is looking for a Behavioral Health Technician. This is therapeutic work in the care and rehabilitation of seriously and persistently mentally ill adults or older adults placed in the residential setting. An employee in this position is responsible for providing support to residents in completing ADLs, following a daily structured routine, keeping appointments and engaging in group activities. Duties include observing the consumer, reporting behavioral changes, providing personal care and providing social, educational and recreational group activities.
- Experience - Previous experience with psychiatric clients and/or in the provision of personal care services to older adults preferred.
- Education - The position requires a high school diploma or equivalent. A Certified Nursing Assistant Certificate is preferred or Certification as Behavioral Health Technician preferred.
- Employees in this position are required to have a valid Florida driver’s license with clean driving history.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- This position requires the use of good communication and the ability to form positive relationships with residents and co-workers and to interact with other departments.
- Must pass a level 2 background screening.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of the biological, psychological and sociological processes of aging and understands the impact of aging processes on seriously mentally ill older adults.
- Assists consumers in activities of daily living including: showering, grooming, hygiene, daily attire and related activities.
- Assists in new consumer orientation, including completing inventory of belongings, explaining housekeeping, laundry, showering routines.
- Follows all individualized plans as related to clients’ meals, snacks, cigarettes, pass privileges and any other individualized client needs as established by the treatment team.
- Conducts weekly room checks to observe consumer housekeeping skills; documents findings and reports problems to treatment team as needed.
- Provides ongoing assistance with consumers’ laundry needs (collecting, laundering, labeling and organizing clothing & linens).
- Demonstrates the ability to provide direct educational, recreational and activity services to consumers, including weekend outings and shopping trips.
- Demonstrates ability to conduct hourly rounds and to accurately report client observations of behaviors.
- Communicates consumer behavior and participation to other staff members.
- Demonstrates knowledge of aggression management techniques relevant to mentally ill older adults in the residential setting.
- Demonstrates the ability to drive Center vehicles safely and shows familiarity with the surrounding neighborhood and the locations of hospitals, community sites, and other locations involved in consumer care and recreation.
- Demonstrates respectful behavior toward all consumers and is sensitive to consumers’ feelings and needs.
3:30 pm to 12:00 am with rotating days off and 11:30 pm to 8:00 am with rotating days off
Applicants will work in the customer's facility - located in North Miami Beach, FL
- Albion uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility.
- Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
- Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
- Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.
Pay: from $11.50/hour
Job Status: Full Time