Authorizations/ Referral Coordinator | Aventura, FL
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare and Banking industries.
Albion's Healthcare Division has a client seeking an Authorizations Referral Coordinator for their Aventura, FL office. This is a temp to perm position.
The job includes significant amounts of multi-tasking, telephone skills, organization, time-management and attention to detail. If you enjoy being part of a great team and have the ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment, then this is the place for you!
- Requests for referrals will be initiated by physicians and/or staff and forwarded to the Referral Coordinator for processing.
- Obtain proper documentation required by insurance companies to have referral authorized; including clinical notes, lab results, consult notes.
- Obtain authorization from the insurance company using insurance websites and written authorization forms as required by insurance companies.
- Data entry of information into computer system.
- Daily contact with insurance companies, specialists, hospitals and parents.
- Protects patients' rights by maintaining confidentiality of personal and financial information.
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Knowledge of insurance verification process.
- Knowledge of specific Insurances requirements.
- Knowledge of documentation required for physician appointments.
- Knowledge of EHR.
- Knowledge of ICD and CPT codes.
- Skilled in multi-tasking.
- Skilled in computer software use.
- Skilled in verbal and written communication.
Applicants will work in the customer's facility - located in Aventura, FL
- Albion uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility.
- Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
- Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
- Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.
Pay: $14 to $16/hour
Job Status: Full Time