Assistant Controller | Coral Springs, FL
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare and Banking industries.
* Inquire about our Incentive and Employee Referral Bonuses Plan * We are the highest paying Staffing Company in South Florida.
About this position:
Albion Staffing Solutions has a client looking for an Assistant Controller for the Coral Springs, FL area. The Assistant Controller is responsible for the day-to-day accounting and financial reporting operations of the Company.
Essential Responsibilities include the following. Other duties and special projects may be assigned.
- Establish department standards and metrics to drive performance to a high level of excellence
- Prepare, review and distribute accurate and timely financial statements and analysis with meaningful commentary and recommendations
- Coordinate and manage the external audits
- Responsible for Goodwill valuation and footnote disclosure notes
- Obtain, review and analyze the data from employees; determine the accuracy of the reporting, as well as the efficiency and productivity of the employees
- Assist with annual budgets and forecasts; explain and analyze variances between actual results and budget
- Review and approve all monthly account reconciliations and resolve discrepancies
- Provide detailed analysis of monthly sales and gross profits
- Review, and amend as necessary, department processes to ensure maximum level of productivity and cost efficiencies
- Identify potential trends in performance gaps and recommend modifications to the work documents, tools, systems and/or processes
- Schedule and lead regular communication meetings such as 1x1 and team meetings
- Communicate regularly with other department heads and locations
- Proactive involvement in the interviewing and selection of direct reports and department team members
- Provide training, coaching, and monitoring in order to improve and develop the performance of the team and the department
- Document, review, investigate and respond to Employees’ needs, concerns and questions, including but not limited to: discipline, performance reviews, payroll, attendance, etc.
- Analyze intercompany balances and comply with transfer price models
- Monitor and record foreign exchange transactions and properly record gains and losses
- Lead and review daily cash reporting and communicate with financial institutions concerning loan activity
- Lead the general ledger group to ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met .
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department
- Involved in Acquisitions and Mergers or special projects assigned by the Controller
- Lead all tax related accounting for the company.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Accounting Manager, Sr Accountant and Accountants
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA or MBA preferred
- A minimum seven years of Accounting experience plus 3 to 4 years of management experience
- Excellent organizational, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple processes in a growth-oriented environment
Applicants will work in the customer's facility - located in Coral Springs, FL
- Strict Covid-19 Protocols applicable.
- Albion uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility.
- Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
- Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
- Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.
Job Status: Full Time