Allergy Technician/Medical Assistant | Miami, FL
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp, Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare and Banking industries.
About this opportunity:
Albion's Healthcare Division has a client in need of an Allergy Technician/ Medical Assistant to work at a Medicine practice in Miami, FL. The allergy technician is a specialized type of medical assistant who works in allergy medicine. Provides patient care for allergy-related conditions and promotes innovative allergy care tailored to meet each patient’s needs
- Prepare treatment rooms to perform allergy testing and treatments on patients.
- Clean and sanitize treatment rooms following patient examinations, allergy testing and treatments.
- Interview patients to review allergy related forms.
- Record patient medical history, vital statistics, and test results in the patient’s allergy chart.
- Clean and sterilize medical equipment and instruments.
- Properly dispose of contaminated supplies.
- Maintain patient files in a HIPAA compliant manner.
- Maintain allergy department records when documenting information in patients’ medical record.
- Scan patient records and other information, as necessary.
- Place supplies order and maintain medical and non-medical supplies for department and maintain equipment.
- Perform allergy testing as ordered by Physician.
- Ensure that patients complete all appropriate paperwork for the allergy patient chart.
- Administer treatment injections to patients.
- Perform counseling for environmental controls with each patient who has been allergy tested once testing is completed.
- Maintain Epi-pen prescription report to ensure that allergy lab has non-expired Epi-pens, in the event of anaphylaxis.
- Answer questions accurately regarding allergy testing, treatment and understands the features and benefits, for all products offered to patients.
- Responsible for the handling and submission of all billing documentation to the billing department.
- Responsible for educating patients in both English and Spanish on administering injections with the medication.
- Maintain current practice patterns regarding testing and treatment
- Administer appropriate emergency care when needed
- Assure efficient scheduling of allergy patients
- Attend professional meetings and continuing education programs as needed or required.
- Maintain compliance of Immunotherapy from allergy patients.
- Contact patients by telephone or mail, when non-compliant with appointments.
- Will ensure compliance by following up with the patient and ensure all treatment is administered or picked up on a timely basis, through the duration of the immunotherapy treatment.
- Act as liaison with practice staff members and company.
- Serve as an allergy technician floater, to the assigned practice(s) as needed.
- Minimum Field-of-Expertise: Medical and / or Allergy Medicine.
- Certifications and Licenses: CPR and first aid certification
- (CMA) preferred.
Applicants will work in the customer's facility - located in Miami, FL
- Albion uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility.
- Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
- Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
- Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.
Pay: $15 to $16/hour
Job Status: Full Time