Air Import Supervisor | Miami, FL
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare and Banking industries.
* Inquire about our Incentive and Employee Referral Bonuses Plan * We are the highest paying Staffing Company in South Florida.
About this Position:
Albion Staffing Solutions is in need of an Air Import Supervisor to work at a company located in the Miami, FL area. Responsible for the overall supervision of the daily activities of the import breakbulk department, including but not limited to compliance with US Customs & Border Protection rules and regulations, monitoring and maintaining performance against company KPI standards, ensuring customer service, meeting of reporting requirements, and training of new employees.
Principal Accountabilities (The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all expectations.):
* Supervise daily activities of breakbulk agents to ensure compliance with operational procedure
* Monitor compliance with US Customs & Border Protection rules and regulations
* Monitor and maintain KPI performance at or above company standards
* Supervise handling of global/major accounts to ensure effective customer service
* Resolve internal and external customer service issues
* Audit service and operational performance and identify issues; develop and implement recommendations to improve performance
* Ensure trade payables are submitted in a timely manner
* Prepare and submit management reports as required
* Provide effective and efficient training to employees regarding all operational issues
* Analyze processes and communicate ideas and solutions to other supervisors and managers
* Manage employee performance to ensure required levels of productivity and organizational objectives are met
* Ensure regulatory compliance by administering company policies and procedures and by establishing audit procedures The individual in this position must be capable of performing all of the essential functions with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Working Environment: Assignment Complexity -
Work on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situation or data requires review of identifiable factors. Exercise judgment within defined procedures and policies to determine appropriate action. Act as advisor to unit or sub-units, become actively involved as required to meet schedules or resolve problems.
Accountability - Provide immediate supervision or assigns tasks to a unit or group of employees. May provide general or direct supervision to exempt employees and/or skilled nonexempt employees. A portion of time may be spent performing individual tasks.
Impact of Decisions - Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve results will cause delays in schedules.
Working Relationships - Frequently interact with subordinates, outside customers, and/or functional peer groups at various management levels. Interaction normally requires the ability to gain cooperation of others, conducting presentations of technical information concerning specific projects/schedules, etc.
Scope - Receive assignments in form of objectives with goals and process to meet goals outlined. Provide guidance to employees according to established policies and management guidance. Work is reviewed by management to measure achievement of objectives. Administer company policies that directly affect subordinate employees. Recommend changes to unit or sub-unit policies.
Essential Functions: Must be able to pass any federal/state/local government, airport, or company-required background checks, clearances, and/or drug and alcohol tests.
Knowledge and Skills (The following minimum requirements are normal guidelines and should not constrain the advancement of otherwise qualified personnel):
This is a supervisory position. Exceptional interpersonal and analytical skills required. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent strongly preferred.
Generally prefer 2 years of related supervisory experience.
Applicants will work in the customer's facilities in Miami, FL
- Strict Covid-19 Protocols applicable.
- Albion uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility.
- Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
- Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
- Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.
Albion Staffing Solutions, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age or disability. We assure you that your opportunity for employment depends solely on your qualifications.
Pay: $55,000 to $65,000/hour
Job Status: Full Time