Air Export Supervisor | Lake Worth, FL
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare and Banking industries.
* Inquire about our Incentive and Employee Referral Bonuses Plan * We are the highest paying Staffing Company in South Florida.
About this opportunity:
Albion Staffing Solutions is looking for an Air Export Supervisor to work at a company located in the Lake Worth, FL area. The Air Export Supervisor should have strong communication skills, experience in customer service and a solid work ethic to lead by example. Previous experience at an international freight forwarder is helpful.
Strong organizational skills with multi-tasking required, must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
Responsibilities and skills are to include but not limited to:
- Have the ability to negotiate with both Air and Land carriers to properly quote clients and overseas partners
- Have the ability to use basic math skills to calculate Air costs, freight, storage, duty and other charges
- Handle requests relative to the transportation of cargo and costs
- Must be effective at listening, understanding, clarifying concerns and issues raised by business clients or co-workers to focus on while resolving any disputes or issues
- Evaluate then select proper course of action quickly to make sure deadlines are met
- Increase customer satisfaction and business share through proactive and regular contact
- Quote and secure shipments by providing rates, tariffs after negotiating costs with truckers, warehouses and carriers
- Route and book air export traffic
- Communicate daily with branch air export staff to resolve shipment discrepancies
- Prepare gateway consolidation files
- Initiate, prepare, process and assemble all required airline documentation for a consolidation
- Consolidate cargo to achieve the best net cost and benefit to the company (ULD building, Density and volume mix etc.’)
- Rate airline MAWBs correctly taking advantage of special contracts.
- Manage work load to ensure readiness and delivery of cargo and documentation to the airline by the flight cutoff
- Perform track and trace functions and update files with events and “flown as booked” information
- Initiate airline claim process for damaged and lost cargo as needed
- Negotiate spot rates with airlines
- Help research and resolve operational problems
- Assist management in maintaining flight / consolidation schedule
- Assist management in file reconciliation process
- Understand company accounting principles and job costing
- Monitor and maintain allocations with airline partners
- Assist in training of new or less experienced staff members
Display leadership skills and lead by example to foster positive environment and relationships with branch air export departments
Applicants will work in the customer's facility - located in Lake Worth, FL
- Strict Covid-19 Protocols applicable.
- Albion uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility.
- Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
- Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
- Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.
Pay: from $60,000/year
Job Status: Full Time