Air Export Coordinator | Dallas, TX
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare and Banking industries.
* Inquire about our Incentive and Employee Referral Bonuses Plan * We are the highest paying Staffing Company in South Florida.
About this opportunity:
Albion Staffing Solutions is looking for an Air Export Coordinator to work at a company located in the Dallas, TX area. Responsible for ensuring legal compliance and providing export administration and control within government rules and regulations, including appropriate licensing for shipments. Review contracts for required clauses and identify omissions. Provide customer support at the desk level to all internal and external customers, vendors, suppliers, agents and government agencies to ensure coordination and logistics of shipment. Select carrier to be used for shipment and prepare documents for carrier.
- Prepare spot price quotations for branch air export departments upon request
- Route and book air export traffic
- Communicate daily with branch air export staff to resolve shipment discrepancies
- Prepare gateway consolidation files
- Initiate, prepare, process and assemble all required airline documentation for a consolidation
- Consolidate cargo to achieve the best net cost and benefit to the company (ULD building, Density and volume mix etc')
- Rate airline MAWBs correctly taking advantage of special contracts.
- Manage work load to ensure readiness and delivery of cargo and documentation to the airline by the flight cutoff
- Perform track and trace functions and update files with events and "flown as booked" information
- Initiate airline claim process for damaged and lost cargo as needed
- Negotiate spot rates with airlines
- Help research and resolve operational problems
- Other duties as assigned The individual in this position must be capable of performing all of the essential functions with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Knowledge and Skills: This is an intermediate level position. High school diploma or equivalent required. Generally prefer 1-2 years of experience. Good interpersonal skills required. Knowledge of Word and Excel. Knowledge of general freight forwarding terms and standards. Basic knowledge of accounting functions and relative information retrieval.
Applicants will work in the customer's facility - located in Dallas, TX
- Strict Covid-19 Protocols applicable.
- Albion uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility.
- Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
- Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
- Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.
Pay: from $55,000/year
Job Status: Full Time