Air Coordinator I Clark, New Jersey
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare and Banking industries.
About this Position:
Albion Staffing is seeking a Air Coordinator for a global freight forwarding company, Clark, New Jersey. Coordinate air/export/import shipments and related activities in accordance with customer and/or forwarding agent requirements and company objectives.
- Booking, documentation, costing, billing, filing, coordination, quoting, tracking and customer service
- Arrange cargo transportation with all applicable parties
- Plan and optimize shipment routes
- Coordinate with customers, agents and vendors
- Prepare, distribute or otherwise process all required documentation including AWB, BOLs, invoices, export declarations (EEI), import documentation, pre-alerts, debit and credit notes and others, as required.
- Create and maintain detailed shipment files
- Establish and/or maintain detailed customer-service profiles
- Monitors shipments and always keep all parties informed of the shipment status
- Ability to trouble shoot and work with programmers to communicate issues with operating system as it related to the completion of Air/Ocean/Import/Export documentation
- Knowledge of FMC and NVOCC, rules and regulations
- Good customer service and communication skills ability to build report with clients to win more freight forwarding opportunities
- Team player able to work with warehouse operations to optimize receiving and shipping efficiencies
- Ability to develop overseas agent relationships and customers
- Minimum of 2 years prior work experience in the logistics and transportation industry, preparing and processing international air or ocean shipments, in-transit shipments and/or inland-freight shipments.
- Associates degree, vocational training in a related field or minimum two years of college coursework
- US Export-compliance training preferred
- Air DG training preferred
- Computer literate
- Fluent in English & Spanish
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure
- Capacity for team work and willingness to assist others
- Ability to display professionalism and courteousness at all times
- Team player with ability to work with cross-functional teams and all levels of management
- Magaya preferred
- ACE system knowledge preferred
Applicants will work in Clark, New Jersey
* Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing may be applicable.
* Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided
Pay: $35,000 to $70,000/year
Job Status: Full Time