Accounting clerk | Miami, FL
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare and Banking industries.
About this opportunity:
Albion's Banking Division has an opening for a Accounting clerk to work at a bank located in the Miami, FL area. This is a contract position for 6 months. Assists Controller with the daily operations of the Accounting Department. Responsible for preparation of financial reports, reconciliations, fixed assets in addition to other related responsibilities in the Accounting department. Meets deadlines on the below listed reports and duties. Ensures that accurate information is provided.
- Assist in supervision and training of Accounting Department staff.
- Responsible for the following report/functions on a daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly basis:
- Monthly Financial Reports for the Board of Directors - Cashiers Report (monthly)
- Maintain Balance Sheet Account Reconciliation Control Program (monthly)
- Executive Committee Report (quarterly)
- Maintain Fixed Assets Records and Run Monthly Depreciation (monthly)
- Maintain Prepaid Expense Records and Run Monthly Amortization (monthly)
- Review Accounts Payable clerks work for accuracy (weekly)
- Due From Banks and Internal Account reconciliations (monthly)
- State of Florida Abandoned Property Report (yearly)
- IOTA Report to State of Florida (monthly)
- Liquidity Report (monthly)
- ALCO Committee Reports (quarterly)
- Regulatory Reporting – FFIEC Call report, other regulatory reporting to State and Federal regulators. (Monthly, Quarterly)
- Preparation of the FRB 2900 (Yearly)
- Accounts Payables
- FRB & BBVA Compass Daily Reconciliations
- FRB Cash Shipments
- Repo Account Daily Entries
- Control of official checks for distribution to all branches and loan department.
- Journal Entries as needed
- Review batches for entries to GL
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration – Accounting or Finance, preferred.
- 2+ years of experience as Accountant in a financial institution required.
- Is able to multi-task and prioritize.
- Has strong analytical skills; attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality and apply good judgment in decision-making.
- Fluent in both English and Spanish. Excellent writing and communication skills.
Applicants will work in the customer's facility - located in Miami, FL
- Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
- Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
- Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.
Pay: $20 to $23/hour
Job Status: Full Time,Contract/Temporary