Wire Transfer Clerk
Primary Purpose: Under general supervision and following established policies and procedures, is primarily responsible for performing a variety of clerical duties related to wire transfers for the Bank. This includes processing the wire transactions, resolving problems, and maintaining control records.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities: Majority of duties performed, but not meant to be all-inclusive or to prevent other duties from being assigned.
- Process all documentation related to incoming and outgoing wire transfers.
- Ensure the proper authorization is in place for wires.
- Perform OFAC checking requirements.
- Audit the recording of customer wire instructions received by phone.
- Data entry of wire transfers to Bank, Fedline and correspondent bank systems.
- Handles customer requests, inquires, and complaints, referring to supervisor when necessary.
- Reconcile daily wire activity.
- Knowledge, skills and abilities normally required for competent performance in the job.
- Strong attention to detail and adaptability to handle several tasks simultaneously.
- Working PC knowledge utilizing Microsoft Office, Internet and Intranet.
- Proficient with ten key calculator.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Two years of experience in Operations/ Wire Transfer processing.
Job Status: Full Time