Substance Abuse Specialist II
We are in current need of Substance Abuse Specialist II for a residential facility in Coral Springs.
This is a full time contract position 3-4 months, Monday-Friday from 9am-5pm. Must have the CAP Certification for this position.
Below you will find the requirements for this position:
Substance Abuse Specialist Tasks
• Conducts clinical interviews and psycho social evaluations which include substance abuse/addiction history and family assessment.
• Maintains clinical records of clients
• Counsels clients and families, individually and in groups concerning addiction and recovery
• Facilitates intermediate and advanced groups; councils clients with complex adjustment issues; develops treatment plans
• Assists in developing programs of a clinical, educational or rehabilitative nature
• Submits reports concerning activity in assigned caseload; assists in the training of subordinate personnel
• Coordinates client case information with related government and social services agency within legal guidelines
• Performs case management functions
Skills and abilities:
• Knowledge of the dynamics and problems of addiction and current practices of treatment
• Knowledge of psychology, counseling theory and practice with the ability to apply to substance abuse
• Knowledge of family dynamics and family treatment
• Knowledge of methods, procedures and practices of addiction treatment
• Knowledge of local, public and private treatment agencies and their various requirements
• Demonstrate clinical skill in treating clients in individual and group modalities
Required experience and Training
• Masters Degree in Psychology, social work, counseling or related field
• Experience in substance abuse treatment, including some experience in the administrative aspects of the work; or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
Job Status: Full Time