Works under the guidance of the Controller. Must have a thorough knowledge of accounting principles and practices. Candidate must have good analytical abilities with minimum supervision. Performs a wide range of complex accounting problems which require a thorough knowledge of numerous approaches and principles.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly financial statements and supporting schedules.
- Assist in the preparation of Call report and other regulatory reports
- Provide support for month and year end close process.
- Analyze income and expense items to ensure they are recorded in compliance with GAAP.
- Research inquiries and provide answers to federal and state examiners, as well as auditors.
- Reconcile assigned accounts, may assist in reconciling Bank accounts and account receivables.
- Other projects as assigned.
Contacts: Daily contact is required with customers, various officers and staff members to provide and collect information.
Working Conditions: Work generally takes place in clean, pleasant and comfortable office setting. This position involves sitting for long periods of time, daily use of the computer keyboard and screen, transporting files and documents from the department to copier and fax machine, answering phones, greeting customers and employees.
Job Requirements: Knowledge, skills and abilities normally required for competent performance in the job.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- At least three years of job related experience in a financial institution.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Excellent understanding of general ledger accounts.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Job Status: Full Time