Sales Business Development
We are looking for high potential, high performing Sales Business Development Specialist to help grow a Freight Forwarder in the LAX area. Local Candidates Only
- Call in to our collaborative and supportive weekly sales meetings. We expect our Business Development Associates – along with Sales Leadership – to come prepared to share guidance, experiences, ideas, successes, and challenges.
- Build profitable relationships with provided leads, as well as existing customers.
- Acquire new accounts and business through direct sales efforts, networking, and prospecting.
- Take initiative and work independently to grow customer base and meet or exceed sales targets.
- Understand industry pricing and how to negotiate for improved rates.
- Work collaboratively with other Business Development Team members, as well as with our Operations Teams, to provide exceptional service to our customers.
- At least 2 to 5 years of sales experience in the international freight forwarding/Customs Brokerage industry.
- Experience selling Ocean/Air Import and Export Services, Trucking/Traffic, and Customs Brokerage services at a profitable level.
- Ability to identify customer needs and provide innovative business solutions.
- Ability to respond promptly and professionally to clients’ needs.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, organizational, and negotiation skills.
- Driven, motivated to succeed, level-headed, and accountable.
- Professional presentation and a persuasive, energetic personality.
- Ability to develop a strong rapport with colleagues, contacts, clients, and leads.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
- High school diploma or GED is required. Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Fluency in one or more foreign languages is ideal.
- Must have a book of business
Job Status: Full Time