We are seeking a Linehaul Manager in the East Moline, IL area for a large freight forwarder.
- Coordinates with Central Dispatch and the Outbound Operations Manager on a daily/nightly basis regarding the timely movement of scheduled freight.
- Communicates assignments received from Central Dispatch to the drivers, leads the drivers in Individualized Quality (IQ) workgroups, and assists Central Dispatch with driver-to-load scheduling decisions.
- Responsible for ensuring that drivers comply with programs and policies governing the reporting of hours worked, the maintenance of mileage logs, safety and
- Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations, and takes corrective action if drivers fail to comply.
- Responsible for the supervision of the Linehaul clerical staff.
- Responsibilities Strong customer relation skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organization skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to perform job functions accurately at all times.
- Ability to operate a personal computer and related software.
- Qualifications 2 years of Less Than Truckload (LTL) freight experience and/or business leadership experience
- A High School Diploma or GED is requiredUnique Word Terms (on EVERY resume)
- Strong operational background with an LTL carrier required.
- Previous linhaul operations required.
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to manage other people remotely in a matrix organization
- Works closely with senior management to provide weekly and monthly reports
- Reports into director of operations
- Work hours start at 4 pm
Job Status: Full Time