Certified Medical Coder
Our client, a national service provider of hospital-based services and office-based specialty practices with a corporate office based in Broward County is seeking to hire experienced certified medical coders.
Come join a growing team that offers excellent benefits, including 401K + employer contribution, tuition assistance, and much more!
The Coding Specialist is responsible for the review and application of CPT-4 (procedure) and ICD-9 and ICD-10 (diagnosis) codes, modifiers, and quality initiatives within the departmental policies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Supports the workflow of the coding department by ensuring that the expected level of production is maintained.
- Assists in the oversight of maintaining the expected schedule for completion of work.
- Assists in the correction of any coding errors as directed by the Coding Manager / Supervisor.
- Makes adjustments in the billing system as directed by the Coding Manager.
- Assists with the workflow, answer coding questions from staff, and assists in special projects as needed.
Experience working with hospital inpatient-outpatient coding: ANESTHESIA and/or GENERAL SURGERY
High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) with Coding Certification (AHIMA/AAPC), and 6months or more of related experience
- MS Office Suite
- Healthcare Billing System
- Certificates and Licenses:
- Coding Certifications:CPC, CPC-H, CCS, CCSP or RHIT
Job Status: Full Time