Certified Medical Coder
Our client, a national service provider of hospital-based services and office-based specialty practices with a corporate office based in Broward County is seeking to hire experienced certified medical coders.
Come join a growing team that offers excellent benefits, including 401K + employer contribution, tuition assistance, and much more!
The Coding Specialist is responsible for the review and application of CPT-4 (procedure) and ICD-9 and ICD-10 (diagnosis) codes, modifiers, and quality initiatives within the departmental policies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Supports the workflow of the coding department by ensuring that the expected level of production is maintained.
- Assists in the oversight of maintaining the expected schedule for completion of work.
- Answers questions as needed by coding staff to ensure adherence to departmental policy and accurate application of codes and other information.
- Assists in the correction of any coding errors as directed by the Coding Manager / Supervisor.
- Makes adjustments in the billing system as directed by the Coding Manager.
- Assists with the workflow, answer coding questions from staff, and assists in special projects as needed.
Experience working with hospital inpatient-outpatient coding/anesthesia/radiology/ED a plus:
- Charge capture coding (not just straight coding experience)
- Could be given tasks in denials, previous experience is necessary with:
- Coding denials
- Coding edits
High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) with Coding Certification, and 1 or more years of related experience
MS Office Suite
- Healthcare Billing System
Certificates and Licenses:
- Coding Certifications (CPC, CPC-H, CCS, CCSP, RHIT licenses)
Job Status: Full Time